Pebble Beach’s perfect peanut butter and banana pancakes
South Africans are spending a lot more time at home which means more opportunities to perfect your culinary skills. Whether you’re a baker, a pastry whizz, a meat-lover, or a seasoned home cook, you’ll know that a modern kitchen makes a world of difference. Each unit at Pebble Beach has a designer fitted kitchen which comes standard with premium-brand appliances. What’s more is that you’ll have ideal food prep space with the engineered quartz countertops, the stainless steel sink and drainer and the chic Hansgrohe mixer. Why not make the most of your kitchen and whip up some delicious pancakes for weekend breakfasts?
We’ve got a quick and easy recipe that is sure to satisfy the whole family, and what’s even better is they only take about 10 minutes to make!
- 1 cup of oats, ground into a powder or oat flour if you have
- 2 medium-sized bananas, peeled
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (optional)
- Oil to grease your pan
Tools and utensils
- Blender or NutriBullet
- Egg lifter
- If you are using whole oats, place them in the NutriBullet or blender until they are finely ground. Once this is done, go to step
- If you are using oat flour, leave out step 1 and go straight to step 3
- Put all your ingredients into the blender or NutriBullet and blend until well combined.
- Grease or coat your large frying pan with oil of your choice or butter (we recommend coconut oil – it goes so well with the flavour of banana).
- Place your frying pan on the stove top and set to a medium heat.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of pancake batter into the pan (we recommend using a jug to make it easier).
- Let the pancakes cook for a few minutes until bubbles appear on the surface, that’s your que to turn them over and cook the other side.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Transfer to a plate and enjoy!
- If you’re not a peanut butter fan leave it out of the mixture all together.
- If you’re a peanut butter lover, then you can use any kind of peanut butter of your choice – smooth, crunchy, sweetened, chocolate-flavoured or natural. We recommend natural peanut butter as it is sugar-free, and the bananas will add sweetness to the pancakes.
- Top with honey, maple syrup, chocolate chips, chopped strawberries, cream, natural yogurt or chocolate sauce – the options are truly endless and entirely up to you.
(original recipe taken from https://www.justsotasty.com/10-minute-peanut-butter-banana-pancakes/